View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 07:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 214/195/145
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi Judy! Saw your notes and I also use SSWEET! I absolutely LOVE her cookbook...I have ALL of them and use many of the recipes when I'm having company. I DO, however, limit my use of SSWEET because I find that it still keeps my 'sweet tooth' active. What I try to do is to save it for those times when I know I'm going to be tempted. For example, this past week I had two 'trigger' occasions...a b'day celebration for a friend, and another for my daughter. I make a Somers NY Cheesecake (it is FANTASTIC!! as is the CARMEL version!) and I cut it into servings and freeze it. It freezes fairly well (the consistency isn't quite as good as 'fresh'...but good) and it allows me to have something handy when the 'need' becomes too strong. I do, however, find that once I've had a piece...it will have a little sugar craving for a day or two...not too bad, but I suspect there is some 'trigger' in it due to the fructose. Another 'trick' I've learned is to make her Chocolate Mousse and freeze it on a wax paper-lined pan in tiny...maybe 1-2 tsp...mounds. I put these little mounds in a freezer bag when frozen solid, and if I get an overwhelming urge for chocolate (like at 'tom'), I just pop one! I would be careful with all this...I found that I was quickly eating WAY too many carbs and getting back in the sweet habit. I've been without ANY sweetner for about a month now, and don't crave it unless I have one of these substitutes. Even then, the craving goes away quickly...so you might want to try 'purging' all sweetness for a week or two and then use the SSWEET in moderation. Good luck with it...and pls. post anything you learn from the Somers folks. I'll be interested!