View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 15:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279/257/155
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default BUILDING ON THOSE LEFTOVERS......

Hi Sue,
I despise cooking in the morning, and can't face eggs more than a few times a month. Building on Karen's post, leftovers do the trick for me!

I like to make up a bunch of crepes each week (a very thin mix of no-carb pancake mix & water fried on a grill), and in the mornings all I have to do is fill a couple of crepes with my supper leftovers (stir-fried vegies, meats, even egg or chicken salad) and I have a great breakfast that is low in carbs and virtually no prep work! Nuke the filled crepe if you want a hot breakfast, or have it chilled if you choose a cold filler. :-)

I like smoothies, too...I make one with water, frozen strawberries, splenda, and a couple of scoops of whey powder. Add some guar gum powder to help it thicken and you've got a delicious sweet morning shake that is very low in carbs. You can add cream to the shake but I like to save the cream carbs for my coffees.

Hope this helps....morning meals were the most difficult for me until I discovered how easy it was to make use of my leftovers.

Phyllis (aka Cat Lady)