View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 08:29
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/239/234 Female 5' 5" and a half!
BF:
Progress: 76%

Do not go on induction if you are pregnant. Even Dr. Atkins doesn't recommend that.

I was exactly your weight with baby #1! 210 pounds. I was told several times by my doctor that I didn't have to gain the 15 - 20 pounds and that some have even maintained or lost (VERY LITTLE) while pregnant by eating sensibly. Which is what we want to do during preg. anyway for our baby.

I had gest. diabeties with baby #2. 1st baby I gained 45 pounds! 2nd baby I only gained 20 pounds. (Okay...still not stellar.) And the 20 came off in 1 week. In 3 weeks I was 10 pounds lighter than I was before I got pregnant. (Of course, I gained it back by not sticking to a plan unfortunately!) But my point is this...I did MUCH better the second time. In the end I weighed less than I did before pregnancy. Therefore, I did "something" right. Plus, my daughter was fine...no problems from the gest. diabeties. Thank God!

With baby #1 there was no special eating plan...I just tried to watch it. But failed miserably. Baby #2 I began an eating plan at week #25 (a little over half way in the pregnancy.) Now if I would have been following a plan the whole entire pregnancy....who know's how much better I would have done! The doctor told me that I "have" to follow a plan from week 1 to the end with baby #3 since I had gest. diabeties before. MOre harm is done to the baby the 1st few weeks of pregnancy with gest. diabeties than towards the end.

So, my advice is to definitely NOT do induction!!!! I did read someone's post that LC'd while pregnant, but truthfully...I don't see it as necessary and it's not worth any risk to your child. Ask your doctor to refer you to a dietician who specializes in pregnancy food plans. Follow their program to a T and do light exercise. Keep yourself "in control!" And you may lose some weight, maintain, or gain minimal weight. But during that 9 months you will still be working on changing your WOE and you'll be ready to go right to induction (if you are not breast feeding). More than likely the weight will come right off plus some.

I hope that helps. I truly understand how you feel. I want a third baby sooo bad, but I truly dread going off LC and I dread possibly gaining ANY weight. But keep focused on the best part...you are pregnant, and in a few months you'll be holding a beautiful new precious baby. That's very exciting!!!!