Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 04:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/135/110
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default You will lose weight, but it takes time

Hi

I have followed Atkins in the past and lost weight, but not quickly. I am currently doing Montignac plan and I seem to be losing weight at about the same rate as I did on Atkins. On diets that offer a fast weight loss, you will find that a lot of the weight lost will be fluid, not the fat you want to lose, and it is very quickly regained.

After six weeks on the Montignac plan I can really feel and see the difference, it is not just about what the scales say, as any woman knows they fluctuate during the month irrespective of whether you are losing weight. The two plans are very similar. I like Montignac because it allows more fruit and it is a bit more like a normal balanced diet. That's not to say Atkins is not a good diet plan, but I don't like too much meat or fat.

When my weight loss started to slow down on Montignac I realised that I needed to cut down on the nuts and cheese and that kick started the weight loss again. I also looked the quantities I was eating, particularly of porridge in the morning and meat in the evening as I was eating more than I should have. I also try to eat my evening meal before 7:00pm, whereas I used to eat it about 8:30pm. I've also found that drinking losts of water has helped. The main thing benefit of Montignac , besides losing weight is feeling really great, both physically and mentally. My skin is in wonderful condition, really glowing and soft as a baby's, but this could be also be the water and the multivitamin as well as the diet.

If it Montignac isn't working for you, then maybe Atkins would be a better plan, but neither are magic wands that make the weight disappear in a couple of weeks, they are both eating plans for life. Don't despair, you can and will lose weight, but for some people it takes longer than others.

Have a wonderful jubilee weekend in this glorious sun.