Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 04:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/221/145
BF:
Progress: 33%
Wink Love to be your pal Donna!

Hi Donna,
Just been reading your journal and you certainly are an interesting person! I've been on LC since April after scratching around for ages trying to find something that WORKED....I have a lot to lose so went about it in [Ihope!] a sensible manner--

It took me quite a few false starts before I actually managed a full two week induction but finally got there--I have a LOT of food allergies and insulin must have been bouncing all over the place.

People lose weight in all kinds of ways and until you can get a pattern started it is going to be harm to see if you are still " on target" I guess you'd call it--

So this is what I did--

I made sure I was following induction TO THE LETTER for two weeks NO EXCUSES NO CHEATING

I drank 1/2 oz water for each pound in the mornings before exercise and a pint before lunch and dinner and a pint two hours afterward [and the rest in the eveing--I weighed 259 so that is a LOT of water to get through!!]

I exercised moderately [have degenerate disc disease] 1/2 hour every day on my exercise bike

I planned each week on Sunday and wrote out menus and shopping lists--I substituted sugary foods for something I hated for the rest of the family and asked them to make their own starch supplements to meals--usually just put rolls in freezer and they put them in oven to go with meal--or my son did potatoes or potato salad or noodles--now he knows how to cook a lot more things which was good for him.

If we went out I asked the waiter to bring me steak or chicken and salad and I usually took soured cream for a dressing--if they couldn't fulfill my request we left---I'm TALKING DEDICATED here--I WAS taking no prisoners!! I told friends in advance that I would not be eating starchy veg and said I'd be happy to bring a little something for me if she wanted to make lasanga or something--after all it was her COMPANY I craved not her tiramasu--

After three weeks of being COMPLETELY compliant I had an idea of how much I was going to be losing without cheating--because you need to know it will work for you IF you do all the baby steps...

THEN IF you are STILL not losing weight, up the exercise--you might find you will lose more slowly than you hoped but if you don't make friends with your body and let IT guide you--you will never be able to put your body image on the back burner and get on with the rest of your life.

HOPE I haven't TALKED too much!! Oh dear I do get carried away....

Feel free to drop by my journal, it's always openhouse....really look forward to hearing from you and being great buddies.

Kae
ALL TOGETHER on the road to enLIGHTenment