View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 17:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/205/145 Female 5' 9-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 37%

I've been low carbing since the end of July, 2000. I lost 40 pounds and was doing really well. However, in June, 2001 I decided to go off OWL and basically onto Maintenance so I could eat a bit of fruit over the summer (summer is eight months long, isn't it? :eek I didn't gain more than a couple of pounds, but I also didn't manage to really get back to OWL until last Friday (sheesh!).

I had been halfheartedly trying to get back to losing for the last couple of months, with no success. Suddenly last Thursday something clicked and I just decided it was time to go back to eating exactly the way I did when I was losing two pounds a week and get rid of the other 65 pounds I need to lose. I didn't want to wait until Monday, so I started Friday and have since resisted all the things that were keeping me from losing, like Margaritas (LC, of course), too many nuts, and too much food in general, even though all of it was low carb.

So to answer the original question, I think this counts as my first time going LC and I am in it for life. I love this WOE.

Karla