Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 154/128/120
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default Salting

Hi Sandy

I checked out one of the site links you gave and it said the following:

"According to Butts, the water diet is easy to follow:

First, individuals must drink half their body weight in ounces of water a day. For eample, for someone who weighs 150 pounds should drink 75 ounces of water per day.

Second, individuals must ingest one-quarter of a teaspoon of sea salt for every quart of water they drink. Sea salt is better than table salt, says Butts, because table salt is devoid of minerals found in sea salt.

Third, people should avoid caffienated or alcoholic drinks.. These beverages will cause dehydration.

For every ounce of a caffeinated or alcoholic beverage that a person drinks, an additional ounce of water must be ingested to re-hydrate them."

By the sounds of it this guy believes drinking all this water and taking some sea salt will cure things like asthma, depression, allergies, cancer, MS etc. So according to the calculations I should be drinking 65 oz of water each day (just over 3 pints) + an extra 8oz for each 10lb I want to lose (another 8oz then).

We all know the benefits of drinking loads of water (and I think I drink more than what's recommended here anyway), but as for curing cancer and Altheimers ......... hmmm IMHO I don't really think it's that simple

If you decide to try it let us know how you get on with it and the extra salt

Cheers

Chrissy
www.sugarlite.co.uk