View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-01-02, 11:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/220/215 Male 78 inches
BF:36/28/20
Progress: 88%

Voyajer,

Thanks for the information and link. I agree with Lisa on Dr. Ron Kennedy's comments about carbohydrates. However, a visit to his web site will show that he drifts into myths, distortions and lies, especially concerning protein, fats and nutritional requirements. Being a vegetarian, Dr. Kennedy takes a position against carbohydrates that is rare in his group. That is a slight improvement. As stated on his web site:

Quote:
Perspectives on Nutrition in Related Species

I recommend a no-meat, no-dairy diet, with eggs allowed, an ovo-vegan diet balanced in respect to complex carbohydrate and protein. This diet should be high in fiber and feature organically grown food. I could recommend this sort of diet for nutritional reasons, without reference to spiritual and environmental considerations, which also have merit. Healing happens faster for a person on this type of diet. Speed of healing reflects overall health and is of great interest to most doctors.

I strongly recommend that anyone seeking nutritional and health truth NOT get your information from Dr. Ron Kennedy's web site.