View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, May-31-02, 23:01

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 212/137/135
BF:
Progress: 97%

hannahsmom,

I live right outside of Binghamton. I really cannot say how long it took me to get to 150 because I got rid of the scale. I started in July 2001. When I went to the doctor in January I was 168, I went again in March and weighed 147. I started on Atkins and was very strict - no caffeine, aspartame, nuts, etc.
Now that I am on Protein Power, I eat nuts and sunflower seeds for snacks. I also eat sugar free jello. I was eating a lot of bacon which I have reduced to once or twice a week and I get the lower sodium/lower fat kind ~ Wegmans. Usually, I have 2 eggs for breakfast, an ounce of cheddar cheese or muenster and a piece of whole wheat toast. This is about 15 carbs - give or take. Now that I am almost at goal I eat more carbs than you probably would want to.
For lunch I have a huge (and I mean huge) salad w/ about 3.5 cups of romaine lettuce, turkey or chicken or some type of meat in it, another ounce of cheese and 2 tablespoons bleu cheese dressing - not reduced fat.
For dinner I have a steak, another salad (just lettuce) and some vegetable, usually cauliflower, broccoli, or green beans. I also have 2 snacks during the day of sunflower seeds or nuts or a 1/2 an apple - depending upon my mood. I use fitday.com to compute my intake and calories for the day. I take multiple supplements, also.
Most importantly, I weight train 3x a week for 30 minutes. I feel the increased muscle mass has allowed me to rev up my metabolism. I also do cardio 5x a week for 20-30 minutes. I am not fanatical about it - but it is necessary for me.
Well, I know this is lengthy but I hope it gives you some insight. Best wishes and let me know how it's going!