View Single Post
  #92   ^
Old Fri, May-31-02, 10:13

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Cool Change your thinking patterns!!!

Dave! Change the mindset...you're not "attempting" to do Atkins, you're "doing" Atkins. When one makes an "attempt," what, in fact does that mean? "I attempted to climb the mountain." Does that mean that you just looked at it? If you actually began to scale its' sides, you didn't "attempt" to climb it, you climbed it! You may not have reached the top, but you still climbed the mountain. Do you see what I'm talking about? Often, it's the very subtle, almost unnoticed things we say and do, that defeat us. Today, you're on the Atkins WOE and WOL. Do it for 90 days, and I can guarantee that you will lose weight and feel much better about yourself (mind and body). If you "fall off the wagon" a few times, so what? This is a Way of Life...LIFE... Just get right back on. Don't beat yourself up about it. Face it. Like the rest of us, you're a "carboholic." Besides, the deeper into this WOE you get, the less difference it will make if you "fall," once in a while.

Thinny is right. Get a couple of good LC cookbooks and teach yourself to cook. That way, when a craving starts, you can take the time to get out the book, read a recipe, and make the concoction...all of that takes time...and the preparation takes your mind off your craving and helps to set your mind to a healthy choice. Another thing to do, is to take water with you, wherever you go. Whenever you get a craving, take a swig of water...it really does work to alleviate that craving for a small time...besides, you'll be irrigating your system of toxins, and hydrating yourself, to boot! Recent research shows that overweight people are usually more dehydrated than non-overweight people. They think they are hungry when, in fact, all they really need is water! Pure water...not diet soda, or lemonade...or even tea...Pure water. Our systems got so polluted with toxins, and so mishaped by carbohydrate cravings that we forgot about the one most-necessary ingredient in our bodies...pure water.