Thread: Chocolate Bars
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-31-02, 08:45

Plan: Protein Power Lifeplan; D
Stats: 197.0/162.0/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Bebe, Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Bebe,

I made your recipe yesterday for my husband, Mike's, birthday. We're both on low carb (me for a little over a month, Mike for about 3 weeks).

He was feeling a little blue about not having a birthday cake with candles (we all have a child within us, even at 60 )

I made this and it was a big hit for both of us, although our daughter and son-in-law didn't think much of it. Their taste buds are too used to junk food, I guess. Mike had 1/8 of the total (7 carb grams) with Splenda-sweetened whipped cream and Walden Farms Calorie Free Chocolate Syrup. I had a little nibble, just to be sure it tasted good, after April's & Kevin's reactions. I don't really care for chocolate, except as a craving, for some reason. Next time, I think I'll cut the chocolate down to 2 oz. and eliminate a yolk or two.

Anyway, it was lovely. I froze the remainder and Mike is going to use them as a treat every now and then.

Thank you for posting this recipe and allowing me to make this landmark birthday a low carb celebration. Afterwards, we went out and did Karaoke til 2:00 am!!!