View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Fri, May-31-02, 07:31

Plan: Back with Atkins, works b
Stats: 196/151/145 Female 5'6"
BF:28/26/
Progress: 88%

Many years ago I stopped eating salt altogether (I was dating a guy whose mother wouldn't put it on the table and I was embarrased to ask for it! )

Food tasted horrible for about a week and then I couldn't eat certain things because they tasted too salty!

The only thing I just couldn't stomach without salt was eggs!! Kinda looks like many feel the same way...

Slowly over the years I have started adding salt back into my diet but not a lot, hubby was complaining that things "needed salt"!!
When I make scrambled eggs I put hot sauce on them instead of salt and as for most of the protein I eat I dont' salt it. I will use butter with salt and if I am cooking with canned broth I have a tendency to water it down (just dont' like the sodium free stuff)

You body does need a certain amount of it anyway, just keep what you add salt to to a minimum or it will cause water retention. When I was a kid I used to march in a drill team, during the summer months of parades in very hot climates, they gave out salt pills to keep us hydrated if we needed it!!!