#9   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 18:45

Plan: atkins/PP/my own
Stats: 180/133/140
BF:sz 14/4-6/toned 4
Progress: 118%
Thumbs up

Hi Sizzle,

THe diet you proposed for yourself sounds not so bad! I think maybe the restrictive nature of Atkins was too much for you in troubled emotional times--since you (by your own account) cheated many times. Guilt compounded with depression is not the best combination (believe me, I've been there!). I would suggest letting yourself heal on a mental level, and stay away from the really "bad" carbs as much as possible while you're at it, but not making weight loss your #1 priority. It's too easy to get wrapped up in the weight loss game, with the highs and lows that are inherently involved, and allow it to control how you feel about yourself (depending on the ketostick or number on a scale, etc). Your #1 priority right now should be you, and that includes not only your weight, but your mind and heart too!

Nat is absolutely right about the calorie issue. I would also like to add that stress (and the release of cortisol, the stress hormone) is a very powerful weight gain instigator. Keep that in mind, and please don't think of your weight gain as a FAILURE. So many factors are at work here.

I hope I didn't poke my nose too far in to where it didn't belong! I only wish you good luck and good thoughts, Sizzle

Gracie