View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 18:43

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Hi Karen ...

I read through your post and this is a very good idea ... while I don't cook a month ahead ... I've been cooking for the week on Sunday morning for years ... I have one of those husbands that doesn't want to give up his junk food ... and while he's really very good about trying to behave himself around me ... I still have to make 2 dinners at night ... and at the end of the day, cooking is the last thing I want to do ... so normally I try and plan for the week (lunches and dinners) ... gather up all the recipes that may apply, and go cook-happy on Sunday mornings ... and/or all day on Sundays (ie ... pot roast in the slow cooker...)

At the same time, I whip up some kind of treat for the happy hubby (so he doesn't feel left out ) but most of my cooking for the week is done on Sunday... and it's so much nicer to just come home, grab something from the fridge and throw it in the microwave.. I'd do it for longer period of time, but we have very limited freezer space, (which is basically taken up by pizza's and ice cream ... (his treats ))

Good idea !!! and yes .. I'd be interested in your recipes ..
Thank you!!!