#7   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 11:52

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by SiZzLE
And Nat, I agree I have probably been sabotaging myself, but I have also been working out and lifting weights and it boggles my mind how it can be physically possible to eat fewer calories than you burn in a day and NOT lose SOME weight, regardless of whether I cheated or not. There is some point where the body has to say "hey, we need to burn somoe fat here as we already used up the calories we have eated" The doc says it is because of depression, but I still find it very illogical.

Ready for something interesting? This is what Logic would dictate. If I eat X calories less than my maintenance calories and I lose Y amount of fat a week decreasing my calories another 500 will mean I'll lose even more fat a week. I thought this. It seemed Logical. Calories in, calories out. It's not so simple. If the deficit between what you are burning and what you are eating is too great it puts stress on your system. We know what a stressed body does. It holds onto fat and water.

I was eating 1900 calories and burning over 3300. -1400 calorie deficit. TOO MUCH. I was building muscle and losing nadda. I stopped all exercise and started eating more. 2300 calories in vs 2800 calories out. Within 10 days I've lost 9 lbs, and TOM is due this week. There are some graphs from fitday in my journal that demonstrate this much better, if you're interested.

Give yourself a break for a while. Get caught up on your sleep and get some good nutritious food in you. You'll feel a lot better.

Nat