Thread: High cholestrol
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 07:05

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 144/144/130
BF:
Progress: 0%

I would recommend that you get a complete breakdown of your cholesterol level (fasting lipid profile) - the LDL, HDL, VLDL, and the LDL to HDL ratio. Cholesterol is a tricky lab - your liver processes cholesterol & it is needed by the body for many things especially for adequate hormone production. In my experience, the LDL to HDL ratio gives you more information on your risk of heart disease. If you are a diabetic, your risk for heart disease is higher. A high blood sugar level and taking insulin will increase your chances of having a high triglyceride level (and sometimes a high cholesterol).

The cholesterol binding medications are very expensive! And they have several dangerous side effects, especially on the liver. I would not take the medication unless there was no other choice. This LC WOL should help bring down your cholesterol & triglyceride levels. It may take 6 - 8 weeks before you see any changes. So keep on the LC plan & have a fasting lipid profile done in about 2 months. I hope this helps. Good Luck to you.

eatright