View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 09:03

Plan: Protein Power Lifeplan; D
Stats: 197.0/162.0/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Sometimes I am, mostly not

I pretty much learned my lesson about preaching when I was on Atkins/Protein Power in 1995. I had horrendous carb cravings every single minute of every single day of the 4 months I was on it (I lost a bunch of weight, I think 30-40 lbs) but I finally caved. Although it lowered my cholesterol and triglycerides into the "fantastic" range and made my diabetes type II undetectible, I wasn't taking the right supplements and couldn't keep it up. Now I am taking the correct supplements and am doing well after a month of this.

After I fell off this (necessary for me) way of life, everyone I'd been preaching to was very quick to smugly point out that they were right and I was wrong. So, I'll lay low for a year til I can prove myself.

Then...WATCH OUT EVERYONE, HERE COMES THE MOTHER OF ALL LOW CARB EVANGELISTS

We live in an adult community and several people already know what my husband and I are doing, since they can see we don't eat what everyone else is at the monthly community dinners. So, I know some people are watching, but so far no one has been openly negative, just kindly concerned. It helps being the youngest members of this community, I guess. When we moved in, several people told us it was "nice to see some young people moving in." I'm 52, my hubby is 59. I guess youth, like everything, is relative.

Dee