View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 08:10

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I think I'd go one farther and recommend staying away from low carb desserts and sweet things for a while to break the carb addiction. Once you've been following low carb as a lifestyle for a while (for sure past induction), then cautiously add some low carb sweets back in and see how you react to them. I prefer not to use the term "diet" when referring to low carb. A diet is something you do for a little while to get to a desired goal, then quit. This is really a lifestyle change that you will always be doing in some form if the weight is to stay off. The weight will probably come off more slowly as you have much less to lose, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. You need to take time to really learn your new lifestyle and work through the different phases so that by the time you get to maintainance, it will be effortless and second nature to you. I assume that you have already done this, but if you haven't, GET THE BOOK and read it as often as you need to and you can always feel free to ask any question here. There are lots of really great people who can help here. Good luck!