#1   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 04:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/185/165 Female 167 cm
BF:
Progress: 68%
Smile low carbing in New Zealand

Hi Everyone

After lurking for a while I have started posting so I thought I should introduce myself.

My name is Niki and I live in Auckland , New Zealand. I have been doing the zone for about 2 months.

I have really enjoyed getting more energy and and losing some weight. I have been amazed how my food cravings have disappeared.

I have spent the last ten year on low fat diets but always ended up tired, hungry and depressed. My mother and half sister have developed type 2 diabetes so I decided I needed to take action -and it needed to be a new type of action as the old way did not work !

The more I research the whole low-carb woe the further I want to get in to it. I have been reading both Atkins and Protein power and am thinking of switching to Atkins induction.

I have sold some of my old low fat cook books to the 2nd hand shop and am reinvesting in low-carb ones ! If any one has particular favourite please let me know. I still like to cook and don't plan on staving myself!

I have found a wealth of information on this web site and in the forum. I want to say a special hello to Tara in Invercargill - Tara I checked out your web site -you are a real inspiration to me.

Niki
Sponsored Links