View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 17:21

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 185/170/135
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Why I appreciate SomerSweet

I am in this place in my life where I still need dessert each night. It is my second snack of the day. I tried to avoid a sweet treat each night, but it really seems to help me to have it. I am finding that if I do not have a SomerSweet dessert prepared, I will eat sugar. So, SomerSweet is keeping me off of sugar. They claim it does not spike insulin levels, and that it is safe. It's main ingredients are fructose and mung bean fiber. It does have a chemical in it: acesulfame, which I know nothing about. I have 1/2 teaspoon of SomerSweet in my decaf mocha's each morning to sweeten the cocoa, and probably about the same each night in whatever dessert I am having. This is a minute quantity of carbs. I feel this product is healthy, as well as common-sense and practical. It tastes amazing. I have made mock rice pudding and ice cream with it so far. I have just ordered the SS cookbook. I have sent them an email asking for verification of the safety of the product, as well as the no-insulin response factor. I feel like I have found my cake and can eat it too. It makes this program absolutely and totally perfect. I was heavily addicted to sugar and carbs for too many years. Allowing myself SomerSweet treats fills an emotional need, as well as satisfying my sweet tooth. I have had NO problem with portion control. It has NEVER made me crave real sugar. If the dessert requires additional carbs or protein, I just add nuts or fruit. What I am trying to say here, is that I have found something that really works for me and helps me. I am certain that the longer I Schwarzbein, and the more in balance my metabolism becomes, that I won't NEED sweet treats every day. But for now, eating 1/2 an apple with a piece of string cheese, although GREAT for an afternoon snack, just does not cut it for an evening dessert. That's my story. Thanks for listening! Hope I inspired someone.

Judy
Sponsored Links