View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 01:03

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

You've only been on Induction a bit over a week and I don't know what occurred between the "208 to start" and the 202 when you began LC. Most people seem to lose 10% of their excess weight sometime between the end of Induction and the end of the first full month. So for you that would be about 7 pounds. But most of that weight is water and if you shed the water weight doing whatever it was between the "to start" and beginning LC then it may be a while before your weight drops again.

But don't get discouraged! You ARE still losing FAT - the scale just isn't registering it for a variety of reasons. You may even see the scale go UP this next week. Don't get discouraged! That's very common as your body reestablishes a new water balance. I gained four pounds my second week. Just stick with it. Patience and persistence is the key. In a couple of months you will have almost certainly made real progress and will be very comfortable with this way of eating as a permanent and enjoyable lifestyle.

Keep the Faith!