#3   ^
Old Sat, May-25-02, 22:56
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default Re: Which LC book should I buy?

I'll say ditto to what Karen said, and the one you have on your list (SP) and then add the following as secondary choices:

The new revised Atkins book 2001/2002, has a thourough revision. If you have an interest in low-carb research and studies, you will like it a lot. Almost every single statement/claim has a footnote number, and is indexed in the reference section to the exact study, publication, version, and page number!!! To my knowledge, no other low-carb book has done that, to make it bullet-proof. Other LC books may just give you a bibliography, some will make it based on chapters, but I haven't seen any of them link each statement to a specific page number on a reference.
Quote:
Originally posted by disneybebe
Can anyone pls tell me which is the best Zone book? Enter The Zone, A Week In The Zone........

I've browsed the Zone books, and chose "Enter the Zone". It's the one that has most of the theoretical aspects and details. The other ones I found were basically recipes and menus, but I'm not into menus or cookbooks. Check with Mila, as she's the Zone expert.

Quote:
Have u guys read any good LC books lately?

I've recently read the Montignac book "Eat Yourself Slim" (I've read it a few years ago in French), a very good book on food combining and glycemic index. Plus Udu's book "Fats that Heal, Fat that Kill".

On my list to read : The Ketigenic Diet by Lyle McDonald, Barry Grove's Eat fat get thin, and finally, Neanderthin.

Wa'il