View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, May-25-02, 05:46

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Default May 25 - 20-mas

Linda and Marlaine - once again your encouragement is greatly appreciated. It's comforting to know someone with more experience is watching - and understands what all this feels like mentally and physically. That's something my dear hubby will never get close to understanding about this exercise bit. He keeps thinking it will go on for a week or so and then just dwindle away. Thanks again - you guys are great.

20-mas outdoor walking.
This is nothing like the treadmill...much more challenging for me. Harder to keep a steady stride, but easier to focus.

Didn't stretch or warm up before going out. Big mistake. Was fooled by no sore muscles from yesterday's LBWO, until I took the first dozen steps. Then all I wanted to do was turn around and go back to bed.

Definitely hit my tens on this one. Didn't do it according to BFL timing. Couldn't keep up the jogging/sprinting for that .

4 jog/sprint intervals on the outbound 10 minutes. 6 on the homebound 10 minutes. Every minute was torture. Calves and hamstrings were aching like crazy. If anyone was walking behind me they'd of thought I was in labour - heavy breathing, grunting groaning, talking to myself. It seemed easier to let it all out vocally than hold it in.

Each minute was an intensley focused effort. Just make it to the next mailbox. Ok, made it to the mailbox, try jogging to the next apple tree. Didn't make it. Keep walking to the maple tree. try another jog. Push harder, breathe louder, swear a few choice words, then keep going. There was absolutely NO hestitaion about turning back for homebound as soon as the first 10 minutes were up!

Feel satisfied that I did it. Distance covered and miles per minute are not important anymore. Funny about that. Was totally focused on effort. Feels great! Legs are like jello now.