#4   ^
Old Fri, May-24-02, 10:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/209/150 Female 5' 6.5"
BF:39%/34.6%/24%
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally posted by Kent

The Atkins' style low-carbohydrate diet is the only way to provide highly nutritional value and lose weight at the same time. Adding carbohydrates give the body additional fuel which prevents weight loss and provides no other nutritional benefit. The ZONE diet at 40% carbohydrates is ineffective unless the intake of calories are cut to 900 or starvation status.

Only way according to whom? Please be careful with the way you phrase things, as you could greatly offend a large number of people on this site who have great success with CAD/Protein Power/BFL/Schwarzbein etc. And no nutritional benefits??? Come on! Are you telling me that veggies are bad for you? That the phytochemicals, vitamins, minerals and fiber provided by said vegetables are harmful?

REMEMBER, we all have different metabolic needs and even all of us here have molded the lowcarb lifestyle to fit those needs. What may work for some (like the Zone) won't work for others (like you), but that doesn't mean you have to put that WOE down.

I, for one, follow Atkins. I don't lose any other way. BUT, that doesn't mean I am going to chastise someone else for not doing things my way. If the Zone/CAD/PP works for them, go for it! For I do not practice intolerence.

-Shelly