#1   ^
Old Fri, May-24-02, 08:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 201/179/150 Male 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%
Question That "Hidden Carb" tool !!

That "Hidden Carb Calculator" tool is neat BUT why is the result so often vastly different from what the package says? A good example is Flax-0-Meal, (the very product that sponsors the calculator): My bag of butter pecan proclams that each serving has 2 effective grams of carbohydrate; OK, but when I run the numbers through the Hidden Carb Calculator it tells me that each serving has 12.8 grams of carbohydrate!!! That's not double, or even three times, but 640% more than what the company says.

So when I have my delicious half cup of Flax-O-Meal this morning, what do I put on my daily log of carbos: 2? or 12.8?
Hmmmm? Big, big difference there. I know that this is a fine and reputable company, just as Keto and Atkins, yet all of their products never pass the "Hidden Carb Counter" test, all showing vastly more carbohydrates than claimed on the labels.
I cannot believe that they are trying to deceive us. Yet the other conclusion, that the "Hidden Carb Counter" is wrong, is equally distasteful.

I would very much like to know what others do in this case. When you make a "2 g" Keto Chocolate shake, do you count it as 2 grams or as the 13.7 that the "Hidden Carb Counter" shows it really has?????? etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. phil
Sponsored Links