#3   ^
Old Fri, May-24-02, 07:44

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Lightbulb

Hi Annie

Welcome to this forum from another UK ite. How is Scotland today?

You must get a book and read it before you really can get underway as the information is really valuable. I think that Protein Power or Atkins are probably the best first reads, but I prefered Diana Schwazbein's book best.

Steer clear of corn on the cob its full of starch and therefore a no no. You can eat baby corn to your hearts content, the sugar content is small by comparison. Tomatos also have a reasonable amount of sugar, so only eat one at a meal.

You might like to pop into my journal for some meal ideas.

There are an increasing number of people here now from the UK and there is a forum for UK members here to.

Do you really only want to loose 5 pounds? If so, then all I would say is using the carb counter on the right column just make sure that what you are eating has no more than 50 carb units a day. That should enable you to loose weight over the next few weeks. I do not know if you do much exercise, but think this may be the most beneficial change you could make.

However, this weekend either buy or order the book - easy from Amazon. Then read and read and plan and plan.

Every success and keep us updated on your progress.