#8   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 22:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default May 23

C2W1D4 20 MAS May 23

I stayed at my old speed levels, except for my sprint minute, which I once again upped to 6.1 mph. No problems there. 10 mins extra cooldown, which I find really helps my calf muscles relax.

Abs: 30 ab crunches}X 4 sets, alternating with
10 back extensions } X 4 sets
15 ab crunches with my legs on a stool
10 stomach vacuums.

I've been feeling my glutes & abs all day Bending over puts painful pressure on the abs, my tummy gets in the way, so I'm doin' something right in the gym.

Crunching with legs on a bench or stool is something TrainerDan recommends so I tried it today. I think I'll alternate sets of my reg crunches with elevated leg crunches, as a way of working them into my program & providing some variety.

The last half of C1 I was having a lot of neck soreness and outright pain. I've been trying different styles of supporting my head & nothing seemed to work. I tend to tuck my chin tight to my chest, and that's the wrong thing to do. There should be room for your fist between your chin & chest. My solution, and I'm sure I read it or heard it somewhere: Hold my head up slightly, and when I crunch I point my chin and eyes to the ceiling. This forces me to use my abs to pull up, rather than my shoulders doing the work as well as taking a lot of strain off the neck. This is powerful stuff, I can't believe how much harder I'm working my abs.

Oh, and if TrainerDan happens to read my gym log, I ordered your book the other day & I'm looking forward to learning lots. I'm determined to transform this body into a Buff BFL Babe!