View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 09:17

Plan: mix of IF and Keto diet
Stats: 283/256/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi Lisa N & Spring:

I do believe this fella will always have a blood sugar problem since he really isn't interested in looking after himself in a serious way. As my husband has seen this guy chow down KFC complete with french fries, McDonalds foods, and other junk foods, we felt that there must be a way to introduce him to a way of eating to try & help himself. Ideally, it would be great if this fella would get a handle on his eating habits for the sake of his health, but unless he is enticed with good food and/or feeling a difference in his health, I don't know how we can convince him to at least try this better way of eating other than giving him a goodie basket and some added information.

Even though he shouldn't eat carbs, we know he will. So that is why I asked for what the better options are if he's gonna eat the stuff anyway. Thanks for the 'better of the 2 evils" suggestions, as well as the suggestion of accompanying carbs with proteins.

In my little blub I made up for him, I STRONGLY suggested to stay away from things like potatoes, rices, pastas, starchy veggies, etc. but that, if he was going to eat it anyway, then don't exceed 2 portions in a day and don't eat them on a daily basis. I'm guessing it'll be better for him than what he's doing now. I'm also planning on contacting his wife to find out what cheeses / other proteins this guy would eat & include it in the basket.

We can only hope that this 'intro' into a different way of eating will help in some small way. We know he has to make his own decision about helping himself ...hopefully enticing him with a basket of quick etibles will help.

Thanx to both of you for all your input!