View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 18:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Once your stress is lifted, take some time for yourself

I have been where you are and I feel your pain. The truth is that it takes a few days for your body to adjust and get over the hunger.

I find it helpful to get away from the house. That way, I cannot just go to the fridge to browse. Even if you just take a day and go shopping, it may make you feel better. If the sight of clothes in a smaller size depresses you, then shop in other stores. I just love to look at housewares and furniture and dream. I can spend a whole day shopping and not even buy a thing.

Take time for a quite lunch at a food court in the mall. You can spend a long time just watching people. You will realize that some look better than you, but a large majority look worse. Look at the ones who look really good and analyse why they look good and get some ideas for making yourself happier by looking your best.

If you can keep your mind off eating for just 3 days, you will lose the appetite for carby foods. You will then be back on track.
I know 3 days is a long time when you have the urge to eat, but do it for you.

You have come a long way, and you can finish the job! Don't quit. Think of this as a project that needs to be finished.