View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 17:48

Plan: Eat Food
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Hi!

You mentioned stress, fatigue and tension from eating LC. For me, it is easier on me to know what to eat and removes a lot of stress and tension from making poor food choices. I find when I'm not following this WOE, there is so much to choose from that I find myself dwelling on the next morsel that I can stuff in my mouth. Rather than now, when it is all planned out and I know what I can expect to eat. Fewer choices, less dwelling, less stress. That's how it works out for me, anyhow. I can tell you there used to be days where I would spend every waking moment from the time I got into my shower until lunch, thinking about what's going to taste good, what fast food haven't I eaten in the last few days. Let's see, there was Big Mac yesterday, Taco Bell the day before, I know, I haven't had Pizza in a couple of days. And so it would go on, and on, and on. Then there was dinner........and the same thing would happen all over again.........

I don't have that pressure any more. The choices are made and I know what's available to eat. Granted, I'm in the Turtle Club, but I don't care. It's so much more time that I have to think about other, more important, things. It's simplicity and that's what makes it right for me. It seems to fit.

The important things to work on now, for me, is what drove me to that distraction? This WOE has freed me to look at the motivation behind the distraction and work out those issues. It's raw, and it doesn't always feel good, particularly since I don't have the distractions and sedation of my favorite comfort foods. But, it's the existence that I chose to have now for myself, because I deserve it! You deserve it, too! We all do!

I'm sorry if this comes off abrupt, but it's just plain honesty and I hope that by reaching out I've helped you in some way.