View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 10:04

Plan: atkins/protein power 1st
Stats: 269/278/210 Male 5 feet 10 ins.
BF:33%/30%/ ?
Progress: -15%

I think you should approach Atkins from the other way round.

You are already at a pre maintenance weight range stage that many people take months and even years to achieve.

With the few pounds that you want to lose, Atkins suggests that they are lost as slowly as possible. The slower that you lose the more likely you are to stay at the lower weight.

What you should be investigating is the reverse of what you are doing not how many carbs to reduce to lose weight but - What is your CCLM ie What is your Critical Carbohydrate Level for Maintenance.

You do not need to be in Ketosis but there will be that amount of carbs where you can comfortably sit, maybe gaining a little, losing a little but staying more or less the same weight, but preferably just gently drifting down a few pounds over many months.

So for you this is really a time of experimentation to find the sort of food and diet that is how you naturally eat for evermore. It should not be a time for fretting over minor carbs. I haver no idea how many carbs will be right for you. It may be 40 it may be 60 it may be even a bit more.

In reality it is not that Atkins is not working for you it is you have jumped into the slowest part of the cycle. I lost what you wish to lose in about 10 days on induction. I am expecting to take 10 months to lose the last 10 pounds.