View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-21-02, 22:08

Plan: Trim-Wise: LifeForce International
Stats: 213/209/150
BF:32%/??/ 21%
Progress: 6%
Default Not to rain on the parade, but...

I have to toss my two pfennigs into the hat here.

I honestly don't think that being in a size 10 by August is a realistic goal.

I found out for myself that setting a "time limit" to weight loss was a Very Bad Idea. Sure, we all want it to happen Soon If Not Right Now, but.... you know what happens, right? It doesn't go away as fast as we'd like. That's when we start to feel discouraged, and we forget what good things we *have* accomplished, and we give up. Or at least think about it.

You've gotten some good advice here, Nana. I'd add to it this little tidbit: Think about how much better you feel, not about how much more you want to lose. Focus on the positive aspects of what this WOL has done for you, not on how far you still have to go. Yes, it would be lovely to be in that size 10 for your golden anniversary. (Congratulations, by the by, on that milestone! My parents celebrated theirs last June--I was wearing a 16 then and am in a 12 now. ) However, while that *would* be nice, it would also be a crying shame (probably literally) for you to not enjoy being "queen for a day" simply because you're not in that magic size. Queen is a one-size-fits-all title, Nana--and you deserve it no matter *where* you are in this journey!