View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-21-02, 09:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/160/150
BF:
Progress: 80%

Thanks guys! What you have said means the world to me.

Dave, first off I want to say how great it was for me to come in here and see you here. I really mean that! I had read allot of your posts before and I am so glad to see you back!
It has allot to do with my attitude. I had tryed other diets before I found atkins as a way of life. I wasn't "ready" before, I am now and I want it SO bad. I found support for it here, with people who care and people who listen to me and don't judge me. I have found things that inspire me when I am feeling down. One really weird example I think i walked around in my way too tight size 12 pants for almost a month just to remind myself. Trust me if anyone would have seen I think I would have died! I have found other things to keep me motivated also, I signed up to start school again, I look at before and after pictures, I look at magazines, I write in my journal here, and best of all I go and read journals to support others and that is a HUGE help. So now I still need the support but not as bad as the first couple of months. Now I know I CAN do this, I AM doing this, and I WILL do this. The way I feel about myself right now is priceless, it gets better with every pound I lose. Everytime I can wear a new size and everytime I realize that I put my body and my health first. I deserve this, and I deserve to take my life back. So do you. Before I didn't want to leave my house, go to a movie or even go shopping. I dreaded trying on clothes or running into someone I knew. Through losing my weight I have seen how silly that was. I am ME no matter my size, my weight. I am a good person and I want to live my life to the fullest. You HAVE to love yourself. If you don't right now, you can get it back. You really can, because I have. You can do it too.