View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 10:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%
Angry Need suggestions

I seem to stall for very long periods of time and need suggestions regarding what to do to get things moving again. I started Atkins in June of 2001. I had already stopped eating white flour and sugar a month before and dropped a few pounds before starting. I lost a few pounds on induction but the ketostix we always negative with the exception of the third day of a fat fast when they showed a 'trace'. I did 12 weeks of BFL Jan. - April 2002 still following low carb, but increased carbs to 40 - 50 grams. I took 2 weeks off (still following low carb), bought New Diet Revolution, and did 2 weeks of induction following that plan.

I was elated when because the weight finally began to come off and the ketostix changed to trace for the first time since the fat fast! However, that only lasted the first few days and I keep going up and down the scale ever since.

I use Fitday to track carbs and calories, I walk, do Tae Boe, etc. for at least 30 mins. per day 4 - 6 days per week and do weights 45 mins. per day 3 days per week. I have lost some inches and gone down in size since I began. However, I now seem to have really stalled and feel like nothing is happening. I try to avoid dairy, Aspartame, nuts, and high sodium or processed foods because I know they cause me to stall. I drink my water (at least 100 oz.) and take my vitamins.

Typical Menu:

Breakfast: 1/4 cup ground flax with 1/2 cup hot water and Splenda; 2 oz. leftover meat (chicken, roast beef, etc.) or an omelet

Snack: Left over meat w/mayo; veggies (celery, pepper strips, etc.)

Lunch: Chef salad w/mixed greens, leftover meat, olive oil and vinegar dressing or leftovers from supper (meat and veggies)

Supper: Meat (steak, chicken, roast beef, pork tenderloin, etc.), 2 veggies (salad, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.)

I am very discouraged lately. I have no intention of leaving this WOL because I feel so good, but I really would like to get the scales and/or tape measure to start moving downward again.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas that worked for them, please let me know.
Sponsored Links