View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 06:29

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 175/156/134
BF:
Progress: 46%
Question Carb Counting Question

I went on the LC diet January 01. I got very close to my goal weight, then got off the diet. Most of the weight eventually returned. I know I am a carbohydrate addict. I have been following this thread on the new carb count on the Adkins bars, as I just read the packaging on the bars since trying to get myself back on induction, and thought I had really screwed up! I lost weight easily eating the bars before, and would assume that would be the case this time as well. I am curious as to how I could apply this "new" counting to other packaged foods out there? Does the 2002 Adkins book shed any light? The previous verion does not have you doing any "effective" calculations, just seems to swear off foods such as apples, etc. Would the Kashi cereals with their high fiber content work on the OWL? The Kashi bars show some kind of effective carb count of 3.5, but not sure that they are doing the same math as Adkins.

And if we're counting "effective" carbs, then why are the Endulge bars not part of the induction phase, as they have only 4 "effective" carbs, I think?

I am finding that it is very hard to get back on the induction wagon after having fallen off, than it was the first time around.

Sponsored Links