View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 22:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 132/124/118
BF:
Progress: 57%

I want so bad to be off insulin. I hate the shots. I hate diabetes. yes, I know that no one likes it. I have actually cried telling my doctor to take it away. It is the first time I actually saw my doctor look so sad. I want to find a diet that will let me have bread or chocolate. Not all the time but once a week. I am so addicted to those two things. I do try so hard to be good and do like I am suppose to. But here is what happens to me. I do like I am suppose to and eat all the right things. My sugar reading start looking better. After two or three weeks I think "what will just a couple bites hurt or what will a few slices of bread hurt. Before I know it I am out of control. Eating as much of it as I can. I check my sugar 5 hours later and it is anywhere from 300 to 450 and sometimes higher. I can eat "one" piece of chocolate pie and it will raise my sugar over 300. My doctor says he cant understand how it can go that high over one piece. One week I can eat chocolate and it doesnt raise my sugar very much. A few weeks later I can eat the same thing and it goes through the roof.
Oh, I have to ask one more thing... Has anyone of you ever read or heard this... I had gestational diabetes with my last child 9 years ago. I have read that she has a very high risk of developing diabetes because I had gestational diabetes while carrying her. I asked her doctor if it was true and he said no. But I keep reading it in different articles. Has anyone ever heard of this?