View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 17:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 132/124/118
BF:
Progress: 57%

Thanks for all the responses. I have tried several different medications that were pills. I had one that actually made my sugar go up and had to be taken off it. The others either didnt work or would have side effects. I have been in the hospital twice in the past year and a half and there has been other times that I almost ended up in the hospital. I never had problems with my weight until about a year before I found out I was diabetic. I spent my whole life starving myself. I met my now husband and he made me start eating right and for a year I gained weight and had all the symptons of diabetes but didnt know it. I ended up losing my eye sight and had a sugar reading of 700. I can eat some carbs and they dont hurt me very bad. But when I eat bread, potatoes, corn, rice or pasta my sugar goes through the roof and stays up for a long time. Bread and chocolate are my weakness. I am going to check out Dr. Berinstein's diet and see if my doctor will accept it. The thing that confuses me the most is that my doctor wants me on a diet that is 50% carbs.