View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 15:40

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Default May 19 5:30 pm

I can barely walk from all the stain on my knees from 2 days in a row of the Richard Simmons tape. This is very disappointing. For the first time in my entire life I actually WANTED to exercise, and my body won't cooperate. When my knees recover in a few days I'll go back to walking.

Went out today and picked up the Body for Life book, and 2 videos..one low impact arobics and stretches, and one that has 12 basic weight training exercises. Many of the exercises are exactly the same as in the BFL book. The advantage is she works very much on instructing on technique, form, what not to do, where to focus. Seeing the actual exercise helps me to understand what to do.

I spent some time going through the tape today with half litre water bottles filled to one pound weight, just to see how I would do. Yeah I know, one pound is NOTHING, but if you've never lifted weights before, some of those exercises are murder even with one pound at 2 sets of 12 reps. I focused on the upper body training and abs, since they were easier on my knees. The tape also had sitting version of most of the upper body exercises, which helped today.

I've started to read the BFL book, especially the routines to get an idea what is involved equipment wise. I don't have a set of dumbells, so following it to the tee is not in my short term plan.

What I hope to do is at least to reps, starting with 2.5 pounds (1 litre bottles), just to learn the exercises and feel comfy with them. I suppose anything is better than sitting around on my butt. This is a start.

What I really want is new young knees. I was hoping that the glucosamine sulfate would help. I've been taking it since about late January.