View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 09:13

Plan: Bernstein Clinic, Atkins
Stats: 217/176/155
BF:
Progress: 66%
Default Hello from Ottawa

Oh great a forum for Ottawa Low Carbers !
I originally posted this in the introduce yourself forum so I've reposted my intro.

Hi all, been lurking for a while, just completed 3 months at the Bernstein clinic with 41 pounds lost, now I want to do low carb...
i am convinced that is what causes me to gain weight.
I'm on a mad hunt to find ingredients so I've been scouring Ottawa...
If anyone else lives here and wants to share where to find stuff let me know...it sure has become like the thrill of the hunt...but way healthier than the beanie baby craze i went thru...hee hee
I found a neat organic store (Rainbow foods) and it was like a mecca....had all the thickening gums..flours etc..
Couldnt' wait to place my order for tortillas and davinci syrup so I called Judi (island girl) and had a wonderfull long chat...sharing her 4 years of tips and hints for a newbie low carber...can't wait to get my tortillas, davinci syrup and keto muffin mix..I want to be able to get my low carb procucts in Canada whenever possible...it just feels right...proud Canadian, what can I say.
I'm going to make Island Girls flax muffins today.
I found a butter called rice butter soy free...
says...1 tbsp 40 cals, 3 gm fat, 2 gm carbs
has anyone used this for cooking ?
I'm reading lots of your threads and saving all the goodie tips..
thanks so much for sharing ..i'm sooo happy i found this board
I am on a mission to make low carb my way of life, i've been saving recipes like a mad woman too...hee hee
Bought whey protein shake mix vanilla...eeeww too runny, it wasn't the gourmet...don't know if i can find it in Ottawa tho...so going to thicken it with guar gum.
I've made the infamous mock danish ..nummmy eh.
and cheese crisp....(melting cheese in frying pan and then flipping it over) from the TLC site...i really want to order her cookbook, anybody have any reviews on it ?
I also collect and save any tips that help me with motivation and sticking with this way of life and any urls to go to...i'm so buzy in here reading and absorbing I'm away from thinking about snacking...no more unconscious grazing for me...I'm controlling the food ..not letting it control me...just have to brainwash myself that...somedays are soo eazy and other days the food demons haunt me ...I get asked alot if I'm ever hungry...I do say that it has it's moments...but nothing tastes as good as slim feels