#5   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 08:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/126/126
BF:
Progress: 100%
Talking Me Too......

Hi there,

My stats are also very similar to yours. I was in that boat for a few weeks too, I kept going from 136 to 138 on and on.

I even read in the CAD/CALP section a thread about a Liver Flush, which is a program called the Fat Flush Plan, which seems to work extremely effectively at budging those tenacious lbs, rapidly!!!. You should read the thread and the info at www.ivillage.com for Fat Flush. I haven't done it yet because just the other day the scales shifted again to 135lbs, then today to 134lbs, the lowest yet for me!!!

But... and here's the but, it could be due to the fact that I have cut back my carbs to under 20g again for the past week or so. They had crept up on some days to 35, 36, 37g with my fat still being high, ie 120 - 160g. I think I should have reduced my fats whilst increasing carbs. Also 2 weeks ago I started eating cottage cheese with 1tbsp of flaxoil + 5 or so raspberries to sweeten, every morning before a smaller breakfast. So it could be a combination of things really. The only thing is I don't want to stay on such a low carb count, but I will see if it is this that is helping me loose and if I manage to loose another 4 lbs this way, then I'll start upping the carbs again, but this time also decrease my fats along with it.

For me I just want to get nearer to my target weight, then I'll try to redefine my diet a little closer to how I'd like to eat long term. At the moment, I don't think I'm eating enough fruit, just strawberries and raspberries, and eating too much diary fat, ie cream, creme fraiche, philly type stuff. But if it's working again, then I'll run with it for a few more weeks and see what happens.

I don't know whether any of this helps but reading the thread on fat flushing in the CAD/CALP section, threw an entirely different light on the subject for me yet again, you learn something new every day

Byee
Banana