View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 05:42

Plan: low carb
Stats: 146/132/130
BF:
Progress: 88%
Default In this boat too!

Hi Nan, My stats and experience are almost identical to yours. I am on a super simplified version of Atkins--no bars, bake mixes, no bread, pasta, rice, sugar and very little cheese. The carbs I eat grow from the ground: starchy veggies and fruit. I still drink coffee and an occassional vodka, but have given up diet soda entirely. I lost 13 lbs. between Jan 23 and April 1st and nothing since then. I go up and down now between 133 and 136. I have not lost any more inches either, because my clothing size won't budge from size 6 to size four. I know my frame should be a size four because a few years ago I Slim-Fasted/low-fatted/starved myself to this weight and size. It was at 123 lbs. that I was finally rid of my stomach and hip fat and felt like a normal person. [i.e., did not have to worry about 'belt overhang' and 'bra underhang' when I sat down!] Also, when I compute my ideal weight according to the formula in Protein Power, it comes back as between 121 and 131.

I too am at a loss for what to do. I have tried eating more carbs, less carbs, more fat, less fat; I have read Protein Power, Schwarzbein, Go-Diet, Sugarbusters and every other low carb book out there. I have started to lift weights and I swim 3-4 days per week... My feeling is that due to years of yo yo dieting, my body is resistant in the extreme. I am not giving up because I feel a million times better eating the low carb way. But, I am also not going to settle for the body I have at 133-136 lbs.

Fit Day causes me obsess about food, so I can't use it on a regular basis. If you find out a strategy that works, I would love to hear about it. In the meantime, I wanted you to know that I am just about where you are now and hopefully both of us will find a way out of this blockage!