#1   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 20:26

Plan: Atkins/Schwarzbein
Stats: 243/210/180
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default Hello Lowcarbers!

Hi!

I'm new to both this forum and to low carbing. In fact, I started lowcarbing about 72 hours ago, and even then I didn't know what plan I wanted to be on.

A couple of years ago I tried "the Zone", but realized that my allotted portions had me down to under 1,000 calories per day.

Last year I tried simply counting calories, and lost 38 lbs in 5 months. However, the weight came creaping back until I found myself within 5 lbs of my weight from last year.

A friend lost 35 lbs on Atkins in 7 weeks (and over the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays, no less) and has managed to keep his off.

That got me looking into Atkins less than a week ago, and I started a 15gram carb diet 2 days ago.

By the end of that day I had discovered the Schwarzbein Principle, and decided that it looked more like something I could live with, so as of 5pm yesterday I became an SP'er.

Interestingly, over the past 3 days I'm down 7 lbs from where I weighed in 4 days ago. I'm sure it's water loss, but it certainly was nice looking at the scale and seeing that much of a difference.

I know I can't get used to that kind of progress.

FWIW, I'm a 40 year old male and father of a 2 year old. You'd think that would keep me active enough to lose weight!
Sponsored Links