View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 15:04

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Default May 18

No walking this week. The weather has been cold, rainy and miserable. I don't have comfortable enough wetproof clothes yet to deal with walking in this kind of weather.

Finally got the spare room in the basement cleaned out and set up as an exercise room. Just finished Richard Simmon Sweatin' to the Oldies, and I feel positively charged!

*LOL* If anyone was watching my workout, they'd think the music I was dancing to was a different tape playing in a different room. I have no coordination. I can't remember repetative dance steps. And I'm too clutzy to be able to reverse what I'm watching on TV and go in the right direction. But I don't care. It was fun dancing away to the music I grew up with.

The tape is quite a workout. It works upper and lower body, gradually builds up to quite an active dance routine, and has great stretches in it. It's a nice alternative to walking, since walking doesn't get me into that kind of a sweat. Plus it doesn't take as much time as walking, so will be easier to do in the morning before work.

I've been reading thru TrainerDan's weight training tips for beginners, and the other info in the stickies, and am thinking that moving to weights for me won't be so far away....as long as I can find exercises that I can do at home with minimal amount of equipment..probably just some small hand dumbells.

I'm very please that I finally added physical activity to my new way of life. It's quite enjoyable. I look forward to it. It feels great during and after. One more small step forward.