Thread: Medications
View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-01, 21:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/168/140 Female 5'4"
BF:40%/38%/?
Progress: 33%

I am on the SR versions, so I hope I don't get those side effects! (Gaining weight is bad enough!)

Yes, statistics show that most people loose weight while taking Wellbutrin, only a very rare few actually gain weight like I did, I just have to be the exception to every rule!!! LOL

The SR is is not covered on my plan either becuase it is a non-formulary drug and my plan only covers formulary drugs. I could get my Doctor to write the health dept. and get it listed as formulary for me, I already did that with my other prescription which is also non-formulary, Celebrex, which I take for severe joint problems (it's also been a miracle drug for me), but my drug plan also has a yearly maximum which I just exceeded (I was on two forms of Dexadrine for a year before trying the Effexor and then the Wellbutrin), so there's no point in doing that until the end of the year. So I'm now paying for my meds, it's tough, but the meds help me live a productive life and do well at my job, which causes my pay to increase (and allows me to pay my bills and do alot of things I enjoy), so I will just have to bear that burden financially for the rest of the year. As far as I'm concerned it's worth it - I'd probably spend that money on other useless stuff or fleeting pursuits anyways, so I'll pay for the drugs myself. Actually the Wellbutrin is already saving me tons of money by helping me to think rationally and control my compulsive spending, so it's paying for itself!

I would seriously mistrust a Doctor who prescribed eating sugar, to me that is the same as prescribing smoking - they are both poisons and and complete destructors of human health! I would find a Doctor who specializes in the problems you have, or at least whichever one is the most major. I am fortunate to have found an MD who specializes in treating ADHD, but I searched and high and low until I found one. It's made all the difference!

Keep on keeping on,

Crystal