View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 12:26

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Ladibug...

First of all....take a deep breath....then scream if you feel the need to. Then...consider what you've learned so far: low carb was working for you, just not as quick as you would have liked. Second...low fat seems to be NOT working for you, since you posted that you have gained 6 lbs. in 6 weeks eating that way. It's obvious from your post that you don't much like that current trend. You didn't mention this, but how do you feel eating low fat versus eating low carb? Your doctor is not God and does not have to live in your body. I would ignore what that doctor said and find a new one that is willing to work with you on a low carb lifestyle. No, you don't have to tell your doctor what you are doing, but it does make it more difficult for them work with you if they don't have the full picture of what's going on in your life. If you can't be honest with your doctor about your lifestyle, diet, etc...find one that you CAN be honest with and be comfortable doing it. Do you go back to induction again after being off low carb for 6 weeks? I'd suggest that you do, but please be aware that your results on induction may not be as good as they were the first time. Whatever you choose to do, make it a plan that you can live with for the rest of your life; there are a lot more low carb plans out there besides Atkins. Check out the "Which plan is right for me?" link. This is really not a diet, but a lifestyle change that should be permanent. Good luck and let us know how you're doing!