#5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-01, 11:17
Registered Member

Plan: Own Combinations, just trying not to exceed 20g/day..Struggling tho
Stats: 174/160/125
BF:
Progress:
Default Used to bethe fruity lady

Welcome to this forum Jeff!! Any Fruits-fresh fruits, fruit juices used to be me main dish of me day when I WAS on low fat, low calories diet..with lotsa excercise too...but I put on weight more then loosin them and hit plateau..I REALLY REALLY DIDNT REALISE THE KABOODLE OF CARBS in them!! When i discovered the low carb WOE i spend me time lookin into the food especially the fruits and vegetables i used to eat(ALOT) then cut them down as per supervised by the experts here and stay within me carb budget (well..i visit this site like everyday to read posts..these warm and friendly supportive bunch here they keep me on the track ). I knocked a solid 12 so far...i havent weigh meself last coupla days coz i am scared to see the needle when its about the time of the month coz if it dont budge frankly I will freak!

I still do eat fruits accordin to me budget..selecting the lowest carb fruit I can get hold here in abundance..thats fresh`papaya' only 3 cubic ins if i still haf the budget to fill in. I do haf that terrible crave fa fruits every now and then and with the mango (gee I love those fresh succulent mangoes!) season now and i must admit am almost dyin to buy them and gobble 3 or 4 mangoes per helpin like what i used to do b4.

I was worried b4 I started this WOE..thinkin cuttin down them fruits may effect my bowel system since i be cuttin down the fibres. Now I came to realise with appropiate amount of carb size fruits and veg and drinkin lotsa water i haf NO PROBLEM goin to the toilet infact it doesnt make any diffrence at all...of course then again i haf me spirulina tablets to supplement me the vitamins and minerals i might not get from eatin the meat, eggs and cheese.

I am kinda `old newbie' to this site too and still experimentin body's response to low carbin. So far its lookin like i am stickin to this WOL. ,Thanks fa readin.

Anne