View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 20:09

Plan: mix of IF and Keto diet
Stats: 283/256/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Question Advice for a hypoglycemic

I'm needing some help with a 'project' my husband put in my hands. Can anyone help me out?

A friend of my DH at work has hypoglycemia. However, he is not looking after himself very well, especially in the area of proper eating. I know that LowCarbing is the way to go for hypoglycemics, but I don't know how it should differ from a LC weight reducing WOE.

This friend does not need to lose any weight -he has a tiny bone structure as well as there's almost no fat on him.

He is not a reader so giving him a LowCarb book to read won't work -my DH wants me to explain the low carb WOL to this friend in about 3 minutes, simple enough for a 10 yr old to understand (English is this friend's 3rd language). If I could write something up for him, it has to be no longer than 1-1/2 pages, including types of food to eat. Can someone help me out with this? ....links? advice? etc?

My DH would like to give him a small food basket of quick snacks, hoping that it would help the guy out with starting to think in the right way. I need suggestions.

These are some things I was thinking of putting in the basket:

-couple pkg pork rinds

-mixed nuts with raisins/ dried fruit in it (hypoglycemics need some fast acting carbs to get out of a low-sugar attack, don't they?) Is there any protein value in cocoNUT? Seeds (ie: pumpkin / sunflower seeds)?

-small cans of pate, tuna, ham, turkey, sardines, SF peanut butter

-couple pkg of "Hot Rods" (pepperette sticks by Schneiders)

-what about a jar of pickled eggs?

-what else could I put in? -he doesn't really like cheeses. He's very familiar with oriental foods. Who knows if there's good oriental quick protein-foods out there?
......could I put a pkg of Rye Krisps in the basket?
......what about canned chili? canned pork & beans?
......???????

This fella travels/ works overtime a lot ...needs practical advice / food for an 'on the run' life style.

All help & advice is much appreciated!
Sponsored Links