Old Thu, May-16-02, 07:45
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally posted by toodlepip
Moreso then anything else I want to change my attitude towards food and gain control. For years I have struggled with weight (an extra 10 - 20 pounds) and with binge/purge eating. I suppose in many senses I was a controlled bulimic, in that it wasn't an everyday thing, but I'd go through weeks of eating/throwing up and then get control and be fine for months.

I'm glad you gave me more info!! This is a wonderful turn-around that you've made here!! But let me point out that you seem to be contradicting yourself.... you're struggling with the scale (same ol' same ol') but "more than anything else you want to change your attitude". So what I see here is that you've identified the problem but have not yet let go of your old way of thinking. That's normal for any transition, right? Your greatest step has been to realize that your attitude toward food needs to change.

Might I make a suggestion? Write down some goals....start a journal in the bootcamp forum .... emphasizing the emotional and psychological aspects of your situation, rather than focusing on measurements and scale readings. Take pride in accomplishment when you realize you've "done something different" rather than reacting the same ol' way that you always did. I think that has made a huge difference with me in being able to build my confidence and relax a little bit....takes the pressure off and makes life more pleasurable in general. Mind you, I still am diligent about what I eat and getting exercise...but I know that I'm doing the best I can and making PROGRESS. Progress is what we're looking for here!!

Best of luck to you....you're doing so well.... let me know if I can help.