View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 05:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins to Zone
Stats: 134/125/120
BF:
Progress: 64%

Yeah Teri, I know I don't have a lot to lose, but there still are some flabby bits that need to go.

Moreso then anything else I want to change my attitude towards food and gain control. For years I have struggled with weight (an extra 10 - 20 pounds) and with binge/purge eating. I suppose in many senses I was a controlled bulimic, in that it wasn't an everyday thing, but I'd go through weeks of eating/throwing up and then get control and be fine for months.

And what I was binging with were carbs. Cereal, crisps and sugary foods.

I also did the reverse and went through stages where I kept my weight fairly low by over-exercising and strict calorie watching...and sometimes I just literally starved myself.

Lately I've realised I love cooking, I love food, I love going out for dinner but something has to give. I want to enjoy food, enjoy exercise (which I do) and not feel guilt. I don't want to think, oh well, I've blown it, I might as well eat everything in sight now.

I also realised the past few months that I'd get a bloated upset stomach after having cereal & milk for breakfast and often after a carb-laden lunch I'd nearly have to hold my eyes open to stay awake.

This woe of life is tough, I still have cravings but not half as bad as before - I'm not losing it and giving in. My stomach has gone down remarkably and for some reason my cellulite doesn't look quite as bad as usual - go figure!

Oh dear....haven't I just said a lot!!

Just figured I'd let you know where I'm coming from!