View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 16:32

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 168/168/155 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Lilwog,
I run ultras and will be running/hiking a 100 miler this weekend after beiong on Schwarzbein for the past month. I use performance foods in training and I'm o.k. with that.
For this race I plan on using performance food and my own creations. I made an energy nut bar the other day. Try this; grind 1 TS steel cut oats (to make oat flour), 1 TS ground flax seeds, 2 TS honey and 2 TS almond butter. Mix in a bowl. Stir in 20 pecan halves (broken up), 1/3 cup cashews. Press into a glass dish and put in the freezer for awhile. Cut the bars into eating size. Total carbs in batch 53.0 If you use almonds instead of cashews the total will be lower.
I also make my own shake. 2 TS heavy cream, 1 TS flax seed oil, 1 TS ground flax seeds, 4 strawberries, 1 scoop low carb protein powder, 1/4 teaspoon ground physilium (sp?) husk, 1 cup organic non -sweetened, non-dairy soy drink. Yummy and very filling. I plan on drinking one every six hours or whenever I see my crew. Total carbs 6.5
I tried going without carbs on my long training runs and i bonked big time! I've heard others mention that you can train your body to get into a "fat only" burning mode but I have yet to so and I don't want to try during a race.
Good luck to you!